Wednesday 4 April 2012

Introduction

I was born in Budapest (20. 12. 1957). I graduated from The Collage of Foreign Trade. Besides Hungarian I speak English and a little Russian. After graduating from high schooI I decided to concentrate on chess, rather than to follow my studied profession.

How it all started? (My dedication for chess) ... I have been visiting frequently a chess club (Vörös Meteor) to become a member, when I was a little more than 14 years old.

 In my first team there have been several grandmasters: GM Laszló Szabó, GM András Adorján, GM Győző Forintos, GM István Bilek.  Some years later this club unified with the club MTK and the name changed to MTK VM , so GM Lajos Portisch also joined them. It was very important for me too, because it had strong influence on my play.


My favourite chess book was the Chess Informant series and I also preferred the Russian periodicals which I got regularly by post.


Later my games and analyses were also being published in Chess Informants. In these publications 26 of my own games have been published so far (1-102 No.)

I became International Master in 1984. My highest rating so far was 2410 (in 1992). My best individual result was perhaps in 1987 when I finished on the 2-8 place ahead of many grandmasters in the Berliner Sommer open.

The strongest opponent whom I beat was Judit Polgar in 1989 when her rating was already 2555 and lead the world rating list of women's chess players.Once I played against the very young (10 years old) Magnus Carlsen and won with Black in a round robin IM tournament in Gausdal (Norway).

I'm considered as a chess theoretician too. I had spent a lot of time on opening theory. I wrote two chess books.
1.) Endre Vegh - Yuri Zimmerman: Konigsindische Verteidigung Vierbauern Angriff (King's Indian Defence Four Pawns Attack) CAISSA CHESS BOOKS (2001)

2.) Endre Vegh: Starting out modern benoni EVERYMAN CHESS (2004)


Among my achievements in chess I have to mention that I was second of GM Veselin Topalov three times: Dortmund (2001,2002), Moscow (2001)
Our relation started when I analysed positions for the Topalov team through the internet and half year later they asked me to help in Dortmund (2001) super tournament.The six participants in a double round tournament were: (Topalov, Kramnik, Anand, Leko, Morozevich, Adams) Topalov and Kramnik shared the first place, Anand finished with minus 4 (!).

In Moscow (2001) I worked with them during the K.O.World Championship. In the next year in Dortmund there were two groups (in each group four players) and the final winner had the right to play against Kramnik. L.Van Wely and me were the two helpers of Topalov. In the final he lost against Leko an exciting match 2 1/2 - 1 1/2.


I have a long term chess contact with GM Andras Adorjan, sometimes with short breaks. In the good old times we wrote together a number of articles in the well known Black is OK serie.At the moment we meet regularly consult about chess stuff and also write common Surveys for New in Chess Yearbook.I write also alone for NIC YB. Those who are interested in it, can find my Surveys in the latest editions.

I have a big collection of my own opening materials in ChessBase format.I have a special method preparing these which I consider very useful for different level of players ranging from hobby player up to top grandmasters.

I have to mention my training activity with juniors. I was the leader of the hungarian delegation two times (Artek - Ukraine, Children's Olympiade 1999, Oropesa del Mar - Spain, Junior World Championship 2001). The latter was very succesful because Hungary won two gold medals (V.Erdos U14 boys and T.Fodor U10 boys) and one bronze medal (L.Gonda U14 boys). I also give private chess lessons regularly.

1 comment:

  1. tisztára hobó!! :-)

    végh endre bácsi tessék már blogolni!!!

    ReplyDelete